Cold sores are caused by a virus that makes blisters. These blisters often form around the mouth and can be extremely sore and unsightly. 
Clear Up A Cold Sore & 1 Of These 5 Home Remedies…!!!
Credit:waytosteelhealthy.com
Once you catch the virus, it can remain dormant in your system until stress, illness, sunlight or another trigger causes it to flare up.
Once the cold sore forms, all you can do is treat the sore and try to get it to heal. Be sure to keep from touching it and spreading the virus to others or causing other blisters to break out. Check out 5 home remedies that may quickly heal your cold sores.


1. Lemon balm

  • Medical News Today (MNT) says that lemon balm is excellent for healing cold sores.
  • To make an ointment, melt 1 1/2 teaspoons beeswax and 2 tablespoons infused lemon balm oil in a double boiler on the stove.
  • Once they’re thoroughly melted, add 10 drops of lemon balm essential oil and 1 teaspoon honey.
  • Put the pan in ice water and stir for 30 to 45 seconds, until the honey is thoroughly mixed in.
  • Put the ointment in a container and use freely.

2. Whole milk

  • MNT also says to use whole milk treat the cold sore because it has a protein that helps fight the cold sore virus and healing properties as well.
  • BottomLineInc says to soak a cotton ball in the whole milk and then hold the cotton ball on the cold sore for 10 minutes.
  • Repeat as needed until the blister begins to heal.

3. Cornstarch Paste

  • A simple solution offered by MNT is to make a cornstarch paste from equal parts cornstarch and water.
  • Put the paste on the cold sore.

4. Aloe vera gel

  • Another solution that is easy is to place aloe vera gel directly on the cold sore.
  • Healthline recommends using a cotton ball or Q-tip to place the gel on the sore.
  • This keeps you from transferring the virus anywhere else.

5. Licorice root

  • Reader’s Digest recommends making a licorice root balm.
  • Mix 1 tablespoon licorice root with 1 tablespoon petroleum jelly.
  • Apply this to the cold sore overnight.
Share To:

Post A Comment:

9 comments so far,Add yours

  1. I Want To Appreciate Dr.OYAGU for hs great deeds, I Was Diagnosed With type 2 Herpes Virus Last year,And Was Look For Solution To Be Cured Luckily I Saw Testimonies On How Dr.OYAGU Cure Herpes Virus I Decided To Contact Dr.OYAGU I Contacted Him He Prepared A Herbal Medicine Portion And Sent It To Me,I Started The Herbal Medicine For My Health.He Gave Me Step By Step Instructions On How To Apply It, When I Applied It As Instructed, I Was Cured Of This Deadly Herpes Within 2 weeks, I Am Now Herpes Negative.My Brother And Sister I No That There Are So Many People That Have There Same Herpes Virus Please contact Dr OYAGU To Help You Too,And Help Me To Thank Dr.OYAGU For Cure Me, I’m Cured By Dr. OYAGU Herbal Medicine,His Contact Email:oyaguspellcaster@gmail.com

    Or Cell Whatsapp Number +2348101755322 thank you .....

    ReplyDelete

  2. I’m here to testify about what Dr Okosun did for me. I have been suffering from (GENITAL HERPES VIRUS) disease for the past 4 years and had constant pain and inching, especially in my private part. During the first year, I had faith in God that i would be cured someday.This disease started circulating all over my body and I have been taking treatment from my doctor, few weeks ago I came across a testimony of Rose Smith on the internet testifying about a Man called Dr Okosun on how he cured her from 7 years HSV 2. And she also gave the email address of this man, advise anybody to contact him for help on any kind of diseases that he would be of help, so I emailed him telling him about my (HSV 2) he told me not to worry that I was going to be cured!! Well, I never doubted him I have faith he can cure me too,, Dr Okosun prepared and sent me Healing Oil, Soap, roots and herbs which I took. In the first one week, I started experiencing changes all over me, after four weeks of using his Roots/ Herbs, Oil and Soap, I was totally cured. no more inching , pain on me anymore as Dr Okosun assured me. After some time I went to my doctor to do another test behold the result came out negative. So friends my advise is if you have such disease or know anyone who suffers from it or any other disease like HPV, HBV, HIV, ALS, HBP, CANCER etc. you can contact Dr.Okosun for help via drokosun55@gmail or whatsapp +2348124363791

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, everyone! I,m here to explore blogs and forum about thonderful and most safe cure for (Herpes Virus).I was positive to the deadly virus called herpes and i lost hope because i was out casted and rejected even by my closet friends.i searched on-line to know and enquirer about cure for Herpes and i read someone testimony on how he was cured from Herpes so i decided to contact the same herbalist because i know that nature has the power to heal everything.i contacted him to know how he can help me and he told me never to worry that he will heal me with the natural herbs from God!after 2 days of contacting him, he told me that the cure has been ready and he sent it to me via DHL and it got to me after 3 days!i used the med as he instructed me (MORNING and EVENING) and i was cured!its really like a dream but i am so happy!thats the reason i decided to also add more comment of Him so that more can be saved just like me!and if you need his help, you can email him on nativehealthclinic@gmail.com, or whatsapp +2348140073965 I,m neme amber and you can get in touch with me via nemeamber@gmail.com..Contact him for help at Herpes virus HIV/AIDS CANCER COPD BRAIN TUMOR All kind of virus and disease //..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, everyone! I,m here to explore blogs and forum about thonderful and most safe cure for (Herpes Virus).I was positive to the deadly virus called herpes and i lost hope because i was out casted and rejected even by my closet friends.i searched on-line to know and enquirer about cure for Herpes and i read someone testimony on how he was cured from Herpes so i decided to contact the same herbalist because i know that nature has the power to heal everything.i contacted him to know how he can help me and he told me never to worry that he will heal me with the natural herbs from God!after 2 days of contacting him, he told me that the cure has been ready and he sent it to me via DHL and it got to me after 3 days!i used the med as he instructed me (MORNING and EVENING) and i was cured!its really like a dream but i am so happy!thats the reason i decided to also add more comment of Him so that more can be saved just like me!and if you need his help, you can email him on nativehealthclinic@gmail.com, or whatsapp +2348140073965 I,m neme amber and you can get in touch with me via nemeamber@gmail.com..Contact him for help at Herpes virus HIV/AIDS CANCER COPD BRAIN TUMOR All kind of virus and disease //..

    ReplyDelete
  5. After having a persistent cough for over a year, I was diagnosed with COPD
    in March 2015. In 2016 my COPD got worse to the point where not only do I
    have trouble sleeping at night, I also struggle to get air into my lungs. I
    read in a health forum of a herbal centre (native health clinic) who have successful treatment to COPD/Emphysema, i immediately
    contacted the herbal centre via their website and purchased the COPD herbal
    remedy, I used the remedy for 2 weeks, all my symptoms were reversed, i did
    another test for confirmation, i was declared COPD free. email (
    nativehealthclinic@gmail.com) or WhatsApp/Call him on +2348140073965

    ReplyDelete
  6. FINALLY FREE FROM HERPES VIRUS
    I thought my life had nothing to offer anymore because life became meaningless to me because I had Herpes virus, the symptoms became very severe and bold and made my family run from and abandoned me so they won't get infected. I gave up everything, my hope, dreams,vision and job because the doctor told me there's no cure. I consumed so many drugs but they never cured me but hid the symptoms inside me making it worse. I was doing some research online someday when I came across testimonies of some people of how Dr ehiaguna cured them from Herpes, I never believed at first and thought it was a joke but later decided to contact him on the details provided and when I messaged him we talked and he sent me his herbal medicine and told me to go for a test after two weeks. Within 7 days of medication the symptoms disappeared and when I went for a test Lo and behold I was NEGATIVE by the Doctor Who tested me earlier. Thank you Dr ehiaguna because I forever owe you my life and I'll keep on telling the world about you. If you are going through same situation worry no more and contact Dr ehiaguna via drehiaguna@gmail.com or WhatsApp him via +2348073908953 he is good too to cure all type of disease and virus.1 HIV cure
    2 cancer
    3 diabetes
    4 hepatitis
    5 herpes.
    You can contact if you are having any problem...

    ReplyDelete
  7. MY MOTHER WAS DIAGNOSED OF HERPES/ KNOWN AS GENITAL WARTS ,I SPENT A LOT OF MONEY ON HER MEDICATION TILL A POINT I EVEN LOST HOPE,BECAUSE MY MOTHER WAS GRADUALLY DYING AND LOST HER MEMORY TOO, I WAS SO DESPERATE TO GET MY MOTHER BACK TO NORMAL, ONE DAY MY UNCLE WHO LIVES IN LONDON UNITED KINGDOM TOLD ME ABOUT DR Ehiaguna ,WHO HELPED HIM GET RID OF HERPES /GENITAL WART WITH HERBAL MEDICINE AND HIS HERBAL SOAP ,I WAS SO SHOCKED WHEN HE TOLD ME ABOUT THIS ,ALTHOUGH I NEVER BELIEVE IN HERB BUT, I KEEP TO BELIEVE BECAUSE MY UNCLE CAN'T TELL ME LIES WHEN IT COMES TO HEALTH CONDITION I CONTACTED DR Ehiaguna VIA HIS EMAIL;drehiaguna@gmail.com , YOU CAN TALK TO HIM VIA CALL OR WHATSAPP MESSENGER ON +2348073908953 , HE REPLIED AND ASK ME TO SEND MY HOME ADDRESS AND MY MOTHER'S DETAIL AND THEN I PURCHASED THE HERBAL MEDICINE,SENT ME THE HERBAL MEDICINE THROUGH COURIER SERVICE, WHEN I RECEIVED THIS HERBAL MEDICINE USED IT FOR 2 WEEKS, AND 4 DAYS OF USAGE THE WARTS FELL OFF, MY MOTHER I NOW TOTALLY CURED AND MY MOTHER IS LIVING FREE AND HAPPY AGAIN. YOU CAN TALK TO DR VIA HIS MOBILE NUMBER OR WHATS APP HIM ON +2348073908953 .ALL THANKS TO DOCTOR DR Ehiaguna

    ReplyDelete
  8. MY MOTHER WAS DIAGNOSED OF HERPES/ KNOWN AS GENITAL WARTS ,I SPENT A LOT OF MONEY ON HER MEDICATION TILL A POINT I EVEN LOST HOPE,BECAUSE MY MOTHER WAS GRADUALLY DYING AND LOST HER MEMORY TOO, I WAS SO DESPERATE TO GET MY MOTHER BACK TO NORMAL, ONE DAY MY UNCLE WHO LIVES IN LONDON UNITED KINGDOM TOLD ME ABOUT DR Ehiaguna ,WHO HELPED HIM GET RID OF HERPES /GENITAL WART WITH HERBAL MEDICINE AND HIS HERBAL SOAP ,I WAS SO SHOCKED WHEN HE TOLD ME ABOUT THIS ,ALTHOUGH I NEVER BELIEVE IN HERB BUT, I KEEP TO BELIEVE BECAUSE MY UNCLE CAN'T TELL ME LIES WHEN IT COMES TO HEALTH CONDITION I CONTACTED DR Ehiaguna VIA HIS EMAIL;drehiaguna@gmail.com , YOU CAN TALK TO HIM VIA CALL OR WHATSAPP MESSENGER ON +2348073908953 , HE REPLIED AND ASK ME TO SEND MY HOME ADDRESS AND MY MOTHER'S DETAIL AND THEN I PURCHASED THE HERBAL MEDICINE,SENT ME THE HERBAL MEDICINE THROUGH COURIER SERVICE, WHEN I RECEIVED THIS HERBAL MEDICINE USED IT FOR 2 WEEKS, AND 4 DAYS OF USAGE THE WARTS FELL OFF, MY MOTHER I NOW TOTALLY CURED AND MY MOTHER IS LIVING FREE AND HAPPY AGAIN. YOU CAN TALK TO DR VIA HIS MOBILE NUMBER OR WHATS APP HIM ON +2348073908953 .ALL THANKS TO DOCTOR DR Ehiaguna

    ReplyDelete
  9. God bless Dr Ebacol for his marvelous work in my life, I was diagnosed of HERPES since 2018 and I was taking my medications, I wasn't satisfied i needed to get the HERPES out of my system,I searched out some possible cure for HERPES i saw a comment about Dr Ebacol, how he cured HERPES,DIABETES,HIV,and CANCER with his herbal medicine, I contacted him and he guided me. I asked for solutions, he started the remedy for my health, he sent me the medicine I took the medicine as prescribed by him and 14 days later i was cured from HERPES, Dr Ebacol truly you are great, do you need his help also? Why don’t you contact him through his EMAIL:    drebacolherbalhome1@gmail.com  call or whatsApp him on +2348159042641 

    ReplyDelete